On beautiful summer days, the coveted Klöntal valley fills up quickly. When the car parks (Güntlenau, Vorauen and Rhodannenberg) and the car parks along the lake in Klöntal valley are occupied, the security service closes the streets in Riedern. This is usually on very nice days from around 11:00 a.m., in exceptional cases as early as 10:00 a.m. The “first come first serve” rule therefore applies. Make sure you go up by 10:00 am at the latest. Ideally beforehand.. then you are sure that you can drive to your desired place in the Klöntal valley.
If the road is closed, the following rule applies: Anyone who lives and works in the Klöntal valley has a confirmation from the municipality, which they can show, or as a hotel guest you have the hotel reservation for the relevant hotel.
The following parking spaces are subject to charges. You can pay with EasyPark, ParkingPay, TWINT or cash.
Along the lake on the street side there are more free parking spaces, which are available, which are limited.
The following traffic restrictions apply to the Pragelpassstrasse:
- No coaches with a gross weight of over 3.5 tonnes and no minibuses with more than 14 seats.
- No lorries with a gross weight of over 3.5 tonnes, except for agricultural and forestry vehicles.
- No trailers (agricultural and forestry vehicles exempt)..
- No military vehicles with a gross weight of over 12 tonnes
- On Saturdays and Sundays, there is a ban on motor cars and motorcycles 5.5 km after the summit (SZ/GL border to Richisau, approx. 2 km)